Hello readers .
Pannacota literally means cooked cream. I was always intimidated to make panacotta. The wobbly consistency, the creamy texture, lightly sweet taste and simple flavors. But people who read my blog , know that I dont keep things simple. Hence I wanted to experiment with the flavors and given it a try to make an ode to classic pb&j sandwiches.
Also for this recipe, I did not use gelatin ( though you are free to use it ), I used Agar Agar which commercially available.
So lets get started,
Things you will need,
- Fresh cream : 250 ml
- Milk : 50 mL
- Honey : 2tbsp
- Sugar: 4tbsp
- Peanut butter: 3tbsp
- Agar Agar : 2tbsp
- Strawberries: 300gm
- Lime juice : 1tbsp
How I made it,
- Dissolve half of agar in a bowl in 4tbsp warm water
- In a sauce pan, add fresh cream, and milk and put on low flame.
- Add in honey, 2tbsp sugar and stir well
- Add in peanut butter and mix
- Mean while put the dissolved agar on stove top and heat till boiling and till agar dissolves completely
- Mix the agar mixture in cream mixture do not let it boil.
- Take it off the flame
- Place pannacotta glasses on small bowls slightly tilted
- Pour in the mix cautiously by the side, and place in the refrigerator till becomes firm
- Chop strawberries, and blend in a smooth puree
- In another saucepan, add in the strawberry puree and 2tbsp of sugar and lime juice. Heat on low flame with continuous stirring till thickens
- Heat, agar dissolved in 4tbsp warm water, till boiling .
- After that, add in to the strawberry mix .
- After the cream mix becomes firm, pour in the strawberry mix and refrigerate again, preferably for 4hours or overnight.
Pannacota is done, serve chilled with sliced strawberries and toasts.
Do try it out and let me know
With love, Petuk bong