My kids love cinnamon bread so I decided to give sourdough cinnamon bread a try! I found 2 recipes and mashed them together pretty much and this is what I came up with! I hope y’all enjoy it like we are!
- 6-7 cups freshly ground wheat or all purpose
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 11/2 cup water
- 5 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- The night before you want to make your bread, combine the flour, starter, oil, salt, honey, and water in a large bowl. Knead the dough until it is stretchy, about 10-15 minutes with a stand mixer.
- Divide the dough into two even balls and place each in a glass bowl greased with coconut oil(i used avocado oil). Roll the dough around a bit so that the entire ball is lightly coated with oil. Cover the dough with a beeswax wrap or plastic wrap, and let it rise overnight, or at least eight hours.
- The next day, roll each ball of dough out into a large rectangle until they are about ½” thick, onto a lightly floured work space.
- Mix the powdered sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle it evenly across the dough.
- Starting from one side, roll the dough up tightly and pinch in the ends.
- Place the dough into a greased loaf pan, and c it to double in size. About 4-8 hours.
- Bake the bread for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.
Recipes I mashed together were from farmhouse on Boone and the regular one I use!