I know it probably seems like I consume desserts 24/7 LOL but I really focus on a balanced diet. Recently, I have learned how to listen to my body more (been practicing intuitive or mindful eating) and it has completely changed my relationship with food in the most positive way. I dont restrict any foods and I eat dessert almost every night, right now that looks like raspberry sorbet bars by Dove and I am literally obsessed. You should try them.
With all that being said, I am a person who can not go without food for longer than 3-5 hours. I am huge on healthy snacks and always have them around to keep my blood sugar balanced. I know there are a million recipes for energy balls, but its honestly because they are amazing.
My mom used to make these for my brother and I when we were in high school. My moms version was loaded with craisins, cheerios and peanut M&Ms. Hers were obviously way better but these are my healthified version of that snack. You can truly add whatever add ins you want but this is my go-to combination.
Tips for this recipe. I can not stress enough that these will not work without drippy natural (make sure it doesnt have added sugar either) peanut butter. Its key for everything holding together. Also, just dont try and wing these measurements. You need the right amount of everything to hold its shape and form a ball without it falling apart. If you find when youre combining ingredients that it looks dry then you probably didnt add enough peanut butter or honey so just try and stick to the measurements as close as you can (overshooting it is better than undershooting it in this case).
I hope you love these! They are the perfect post-workout snack. Or perfect to take on-the-go when running around all day or traveling. Enjoy! :)
If you make this recipe please share and tag me on Instagram. I would love to see! @bakethedgeoff
- 1/2 cup natural drippy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 scoop vanilla protein, I used Garden of Life
- 1/3 cup flax
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup flaky coconut
- 1/3 cup non-dairy chocolate chips (mini chocolate chips work best)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- In a large bowl add all your ingredients and using a spatula (hands work as well) combine until mixture forms into a cookie dough like consistency. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to firm up. Form 1-2 tablespoon balls with your hands and then place in an air tight container. Lasts in the fridge for up to two weeks.