Need an easy breakfast, snack, or lunchbox treat? Make a big batch of Peanut Butter Chex Granola Bars!
Have you every made homemade granola bars? If not, you need to. They are so easy to make and you can control the ingredients. They are also usually cheaper than the packaged kind that you buy at the store.
I have been making homemade granola bars for years. When I started eating gluten free I made them more often because I loved having gluten free snacks on hand.
When my daughter developed her tree nut and peanut allergy, homemade granola bars became a must make. I needed to control the ingredients because so few granola bars are gluten free and nut free.
You might be wondering why I am talking about peanut allergies at the same time I am sharing a peanut butter granola bar recipe. That is because these granola bars work great with sunflower butter or soy butter.
These don’t have to be made with peanut butter. I make them all the time with soy or sunflower butter and my family loves them. These are a great homemade granola bar treat for those with nut allergies.
If you are not nut free I think almond butter would also work. Really any sort of nut butter, peanut butter, or peanut butter alternative should work for these.
These homemade granola bars can also be made gluten free by using gluten free oats and gluten free Chex.
We love these with mini chocolate chips added, but you don’t have to. They are good with or without the chocolate.
Now for the recipe!
Peanut Butter Chex Granola Bars
Peanut Butter Chex Granola Bars are a quick and easy homemade breakfast, snack, or lunchbox treat.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, sunflower butter, or soy butter
- 4 cups quick oats ( I use gluten free quick oats)
- 4 cups rice Chex or other Chex cereal
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Grease a 9x13 pan or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large pan heat butter, brown sugar, and honey. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for about 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and stir until smooth.
- Stir in oats and Chex cereal.
- Press mixture into 9x13 pan.
- Press mini chocolate chips onto the top of the bars.
- Let set for several hour or overnight.
- Cut into bars.
If you want the bars to cut easier and look better line the pan with parchment paper. You don't have to though. You can press the mixture right into a greased pan and cut them into bars.
The post Peanut Butter Chex Granola Bars appeared first on Lynn's Kitchen Adventures.