These cookies are made with pure organic cacao powder which is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and age-fighting antioxidants. The filling is made from grass-fed ghee (clarified butter) which contains fat burning compounds and gut healing amino acids. Yeah, nutrients, BRUH. Youre goddamn right thats what I think about when I go to eat a cookie that I made.
Disclaimer:This recipe is made with Lakanto Monk Fruit sweetener, an all natural sugar substitute. If you cant find it in your local grocery store or dont want to wait for that Amazon 2 day shipping, you can use coconut sugar, honey, or maple syrup. If you go that route, remember to practice moderation. Just because something is paleo doesnt mean it wont jack with your blood sugar and digestion.
- cup tapioca flour
- cup blanched almond flour
- cup cacao powder
- teaspoon baking soda
- teaspoon pink sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- cup melted ghee
- cup Lakanto maple syrup (or pure maple syrup/honey)
- cup room temperature ghee (or quality grass-fed butter)
- 3 tablespoons powdered monk fruit sweetener
- teaspoon vanilla
*If you cant get your hands on the powdered monk fruit sweetener, use this substitution:
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 3 tablespoons honey or pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients until there are no clumps in the mixture.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl and combine all ingredients until a thick dough is formed
- Sprinkle a little tapioca flour on a baking sheet and roll the dough into a poop shaped log.
- Wrap the poop dough in the baking sheet and pop in the freezer for 30 minutes while you reminisce about the white dog shit scene in Step Brothers
- Take the dough out of the freezer and cut into thin rounds and place on a baking tray
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cookies start to look crispy
- Let cool for 15 minutes while you prep the filling.
FILLING AND PREP INSTRUCTIONS:
- Add the ghee to a bowl and use a hand mixer or standing mixer to whip it until it doubles in size and turns white. Should take about 5-7 minutes.
- While you continue mixing, add the powdered monk fruit sweetener 1 tablespoon at a time (add too much at once and your kitchen will look like Tony Montana was having a party)
- Add the vanilla and continue mixing for another minute
- You can use a knife or spoon to add the filling to the cookies. Personally, I like using a piping bag because Im a little extra. And then do the obvious thing which is put a non frosting covered cookie on top of a frosted cookie.
- Shove into your pie hole with zero guilt
P.S -You can keep these in the fridge for up to 2 weeks I really dont know why they wouldnt be consumed right away but thats just me; Ill stay in my own lane over that one.