- 1 lb chicken, cubed
- 1-2 Tbls. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 C. grated cheddar
- Small package of corn tortillas (not flour)
- 13 oz container of Bueno green chile or roasted anaheim pepper recipe
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 C. milk
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. ground chipotle
- 2 Tbls. chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute chicken in large pan with extra virgin olive oil until cooked.
- Brown garlic and onion in pan with chicken, add green chile, chili powder, cumin, black pepper, chipotle and red pepper to pan. Stir.
- Add cream of chicken soup and milk to pan, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Layer corn tortillas on bottom of 9 x 9 pan, spoon half of chicken mixture onto tortillas, sprinkle 2 C. cheddar on top of chicken. Layer again with tortillas, remaining chicken and cheddar.
- Bake in oven for 20 25 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve with sour cream or honey if desired.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases and you help feed and diaper my son.