It feels like ages since I did a food post, let alone a recipe post, but I am starting to feel good again after my surgery. So I finally got back in the kitchen to create, not just throw something together. Mine is gluten-free, but you can use regular products too.
Honey and soy beef stir fry
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 500g beef cut into strips (You could also use chicken if you prefer)
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup (gluten-free) soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoon kecap manis or sweet soy (I also use gluten-free)
- 2 cups mixed cut vegies, I used broccoli, beans and carrot
- cut spring onion for serving (or you can mix in if you prefer)
- In a wok on medium to high heat, add a tablespoon of oil and once hot, add in the beef strips.
- Mix cornflour, water and soy sauce in a bowl and put aside
- Once meat is browned add in vegetables and cook for a few minutes
- Turn down heat and then add in soy sauce & cornflour mix
- Add in kecap manis and honey and stir
- Serve while hot
We like to serve with brown rice, but you could use noodles or even fried rice.