Looking for a fast recipe that gets everybody excited?! Look no further. Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter popcorn – with just the right amount of sweetness to hit the spot but not leave you with a sugar hangover.
Candy coated popcorn is all the rage these days – if you want the real deal, eat the real deal. But, if you’re looking for a fun little substitution, see if this fits the bill.
It couldn’t be any easier to whip this up. Microwave the honey, peanut butter, and oil together. Pour over the popcorn + chocolate chips. Bake. Flip once and bake again. EAT!
Enjoy the day you make it for the best quality. But, I did a little experiment about the best way to store it. Definitely keep it in the best air tight container you’ve got and it stays pretty crunchy for 3 – 4 days. Don’t leave it out uncovered – it gets soggy.
Give it a whirl and lemme know what you think! Kid #1 found some rocks in town that he thought looked like ‘Mom-Mom’s new popcorn’ – but I promise they don’t taste like rocks.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup peanut butter, creamy
1 Tbsp oil
1 tsp vanilla
7 cups of popcorn
1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine honey, peanut butter, and oil. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Add vanilla and stir again.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Evenly spread popcorn & chocolate chips onto the baking sheet.
- Pour honey + peanut butter mixture over the popcorn and toss slightly.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Using a spatula, flip and stir around.
Spread evenly on the baking sheet again and bake another 5 minutes.
- Store in a air tight container for 3 – 4 days, if you don’t eat it all before then!
- You could also wait and add the chocolate chips after baking. This will keep it more separate and less melty over all the popcorn.
- I used Aldi’s pre-popped popcorn
but you could also pop your own or use microwave popcorn. If you use microwave popcorn, go for the lighter versions – I’m not sure the movie theater butter is applicable here.
Athletes: Why not eat some healthier popcorn?!
Healthy Eating: Popcorn is a fantastic snack. Whole grain and a large portion size! Why not jazz it up occasionally to make it taste more delicious?
Kids: My kids couldn’t leave this alone. They were diving in mid photos….