Quick, easy, low-carb and gluten free Asian lettuce wraps. Made with tamari sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar and a touch of honey. Top with onion greens, avocado and vermicelli noodles Perfect for weeknight dinner!
Ground turkey is one of our freezer staples. A few of my favorite go-to meals during the week when I want something quick and easy are pasta Bolognese, ground turkey tacos and Asian lettuce wraps.
I’m a huge fan of Asian-styled food and this is definitely one of my favorite recipes. The umami, salty and slightly sweet flavor combination is out of this world! My favorite way to enjoy these lettuce wraps is to top it with sliced avocado, onion greens and vermicelli noodles.
Give this recipe a try! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Asian Lettuce Wraps
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
Calories per servings: 224 cals
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 head Boston lettuce
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 3 tbs rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tbs fresh minced ginger (or 1 ½ tsp ground)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat and coat with non-stick pan spray. Add the ground meat, cook it, stirring to break it up into small pieces, for about 5 minutes, or until no longer pink. Remove the ground meat and set aside.
- Add the minced garlic and onions and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Return the cooked meat to the skillet and add the sauce mixture.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and stir until the sauce is evenly coated and starts to thicken.
- Remove the meat from the skillet and spoon the ground meat into individual Boston lettuce leaves and top with chopped carrots.
- You can swap the tamari sauce for regular low sodium soya sauce.
- You can swap the rice vinegar for regulate white vinegar.
- You can double the recipe for larger groups or for leftovers.
Calories: 224 cals | Carbohydrates: 16 g | Protein: 23 g | Fat: 9 g | Sodium: 617 mg | Sugar: 12 g| Fiber: 1 g