Singapore Airlines made global headlines last year when it relaunched its Newark-Singapore flight. The 9,534-mile flight allowed the carrier to reclaim the title of having the worlds longest flight, bumping Qatar Airways and its 9,032-mile Doha-Auckland, New Zealand, flight out of the top spot.
Another title shift could happen in the coming years if Qantas Airways decides to push ahead with its Project Sunrise flights. The Australian carrier made headlines of its own this fall as it tested several ultra-long flights to Sydney including from New York and from London to great fanfare. Each would be longer than Singapores current record-holder, and Qantas days it will decide soon whether to press ahead. If it does, flights could begin in 2023.
But have you ever wondered what the longest flight is on your preferred carrier? Or the shortest? Given all the buzz about long flights recently, we decided to see what clocked in as the longest and shortest flights for each of the 11 biggest U.S. carriers.
What did we find? Today we look at Sun Country Airlines. Its longest route on the December schedule is Aruba-Minneapolis/St. Paul while its shortest is the 236-mile flight it operates between Los Angeles and Las Vegas.
- Aruba (AUA) Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP): 2,618 miles
- Honolulu (HNL) Portland, Oregon (PDX): 2,603 miles
- Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) St. Kitts (SKB): 2,593 miles
- Honolulu (HNL) Los Angeles (LAX): 2,556 miles
- Anchorage (ANC) Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP): 2,518 miles
- Liberia, Costa Rica (LIR) Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP): 2,406 miles
- Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU): 2,404 miles
- Honolulu (HNL) San Francisco (SFO): 2,399 miles
- Boston (BOS) Las Vegas (LAS): 2,381 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) Providence (PVD): 2,363 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) Los Angeles (LAX): 236 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) Phoenix (PHX): 256 miles
- Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) Chicago OHare (ORD): 334 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) San Francisco (SFO): 414 miles
- Palm Springs, California (PSP) San Francisco (SFO): 421 miles
- Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) St. Louis (STL): 448 miles
- Las Vegas (LAS) Santa Rosa, California (STS): 454 miles
- Nashville (BNA) New Orleans (MSY): 471 miles
- Austin (AUS) Gulfport/Biloxi, Mississippi (GPT): 514 miles
- Portland, Oregon(PDX) San Francisco (SFO): 519 miles
Source: Sun Country Airlines. Flights based based on regularly schedule flights during the carriers December schedule. Next update: March 2020.
Featured photo by DANIEL SLIM/AFP/Getty Images.